Thursday, January 22, 2009

For Cindy and Craig...






Oh sweet thing, sweet thing
My, my, my, my, my sweet thing
And I will raise my hand up
Into the night time sky
And count the stars
Thats shining in your eye
Just to dig it all an not to wonder
Thats just fine
And Ill be satisfied
Not to read in between the lines
And I will walk and talk
In gardens all wet with rain
And I will never, ever, ever, ever
Grow so old again.
Oh sweet thing, sweet thing
Sugar-baby with your champagne eyes
And your saint-like smile....




For our dear friends Craig and Cindy,

Congratulations on your sugar-baby.

Olly, a word about your American parents...


Your mom has very smooth skin, and your dad is the first man over thirty to make overalls look cute. They are kind, thoughtful, intelligent, generous folk. They can't wait to meet you, and hope you don't suffer from lactose intolerance. There is cheese in your future; cheese, joy, warmth, love, and kindness.

Watch out Bob Laurence!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you. As for the overalls...Oliver already has about 7 pairs of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap, Julie, I am a sopping mess right now, sitting at my desk bawling my eyes out at this post. Thank you, sweet friend.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of me looks like I'm frozen stiff or something...lol! Oh man.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect response to such a Caciocavallo Podolico moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raising my glass with you...Cheers to the new parents!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still so jealous that you have gotten to know them (by the way, we loved this shop). Sweet sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Agree. Agree. Agree. Amen.

    What a toast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog...just had to say that!

    ReplyDelete