Monday, July 14, 2008

The World is So You Have Something To Stand On....

Steven came home for the weekend. He has been in Phoenix since the first week in June. He has been taking care of his mom.

It is hot in Arizona, hot and boring.

For fun, Steven decided to cultivate the 'soul patch'...

Unfortunately, I think this makes him look like this Guy.

He, however, thinks he looks like this Guy.

Between you and me, he could have shown up looking like this guy, and I still would have made out with him. (It's been a loooooong month.)


We found a new favorite children's book. It is a hand-me-down from Pip and Squeak.

"A Hole Is To Dig," by Ruth Krauss; pictures by Maurice Sendak.

We, as a family, wholeheartedly agree with the themes of this book...















I'll spare you a photo for this one. Let's just say this, sometimes it is good to see your husband so that he can remind you that you are about six hours shy of a unibrow.



Our family is still pretty much consumed with grief. I guess that is why I don't feel much like blogging. When Steven was here, I snuggled against him and pressed my forehead firmly between his shoulder blades. I breathed him in. I could sense a sadness so deep. During these trying and difficult days, we must remember these lessons from our new favorite book...








13 comments:

  1. What a great book, I don't have that one yet...I am thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who else can make me laugh and cry in one post? I am thinking of you guys and hoping for some good news. I think you and Steven are the most amazing couple, and Chris the most amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. It is amazing that this reminder comes from you during this time - it shows your passion very deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how I LOVE this book! one of my all-time favorites.

    I am so sorry for all you are going through. Your family is in my hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back and glad Steven is back to you! I'm feel the weight of your sorrow when I read your post. It's nice to know the world is there to stand on. And those guys are there for you to lean on. Hugs.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Great book! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that book. I will have to buy it. Sending you many hugs and looking forward to hanging out with you on Sunday.

    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. A solid rock to stand on in this very sad time is a good thing. Thank you for finding the joy in life even during such deep sorrow. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for the reminder to remember and enjoy the simple pleasures. chris, you, steven and his whole family are always on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart that book. I love anything illustrated or written by Sendak.

    A favorite book for the boys you would probably like is Goose, by Molly Bang. It's about a goose raised by hedgehogs who tries to find herself -- she always felt like something wasn't quite right.

    I'm so sorry you guys have to go through the pain you're enduring now. Wishing for the best for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going back through your blog after spending time with you in person. This post is wonderful and explains so perfectly why I think you are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots and lots of tears for you then...and now.

    ReplyDelete