Monday, September 15, 2008

Festivity.

Steven and I attended the festival in Little Ethiopia Yesterday.






The highlight was having dinner with Lori and Abe. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have...



Abe's self-portrait.

Abe is beautiful, happy, and a bit of a flirty McFlirterson. Here is some of Lori's poetry. Lori and Ted are participating in the Charity Water campaign. Here is the link. They are well (no pun intended) on their way to earning enough for an entire well. Somehow Los Angeles seems to be a better place with this family in town.


Also, we picked up something for Moses and his new group, "Rescue Mutts For Obama." I am hoping he lets me borrow it.

Happy Monday!



P.S. In case you haven't seen it, here is more info on the Charity Water Campaign...


The September Campaign Trailer - www.borninseptember.org from charity: water on Vimeo.

9 comments:

  1. It is definitely a sign of good conversation when you forget to take pictures!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Rescue mutts for Obama" - I love it! Where do I sign up my mutt?

    I haven't made it yet to an Ethiopian festival, but that is definitely one of my goals while I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful meeting you guys. I thought of you the way home as I was weaving in and out of traffic on Wilshire/Alvarado while trying to feed Abe a banana and control the screeching all at once. Thanks so much for the Charity:Water mention and for letting Abe play with your phone. I love that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three mutts- can they all join?


    Gotta love clean water, a right, not a privalage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooo, seriously jealous! I went down to LA to see Wicked with my sister-in-law a few months ago. We ate at one of the Little Ethiopia eateries, I gorged myself silly. If I could have possibly fit one more molecule of food in my expanding belly, I would have. YUM. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN! We didn't end up going because we were at a family party. I'm so glad it was a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun weekend!! I Love Abe's self portrait:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia as well and we live in Canada. I am enjoying reading your blog!!
    How great to live in a place that has a "little Ethiopia". The Ethiopian population is not big enough for that here.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you--having dinner with Lori and Ted. Lucky them, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete