Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Garden Tour- Bees!

In lieu of a garden view this morning, I thought I'd tell you about our visit to the bees. As I mentioned last week, we found a family to 'host' the Easter Bees. They have been at their new home for a week. We went to see how they were doing...


Some were friendlier than others...


They have been busy...


And reason 8,341 why my husband will be an excellent father...



Steven found a drone bee for us to meet. Drones do not have stingers.

Speaking of drones, I apparently purchased the most drone looking sunglasses I could find at Target after inadvertently sitting on my old pair that morning...



Sweet, sweet honey. No really, this is the best honey that I have ever tasted. There is just a hint of citrus. It is crystal clear.

Imagine Steven's surprise when his bee group made him the subject of a 'Tweet' on Twitter...

"Steve captured a swarm last Sunday. He is a urban beekeeper. Let's change the world." (They take their bees pretty seriously in that group).

All I know is that the honey is sweet and so is he. (Aww! How sappy!)


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

15 comments:

  1. Love it! ...Judah and I are very excited about our little loquat...We'll have to get together soon. We'd love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drone bee?? Who knew, apparently Steven...he's awesome. And your glasses are super cool! And the song at the end, come on, your posts are just so sweet...like honey (sorry, couldn't resist:)
    Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there were bees without stingers...so cool!! So are the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... sappy no way you guys are adorable!!! You just gave me a way to keep my kiddos occupied. Off to find some bee crafts I go... Happy Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesomeness. I can taste the sweetness from here. Really!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's cool to see this happening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love the photos. Love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally awesome!!! ILS (I love Steve)

    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very chic in those glasses, girl. Yikes on that unfriendly bee! Steven has nerves of steel. He's a sweet man of steel!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Thanks for the bee tour! I went to Target yesterday, looking for sunglasses, because unfortunately I lost mine. I did not see such drone-like beauties during my search...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and funny glasses! I love that picture of the little girl looking at the bee. Her expression says it all. What a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new shades!
    You. are. so. LA. Yet strangely Southern like with the bee lovin. (And I only get that because of the books I read. As though no place else on earth has bees. Or women with awesome sunglasses.)

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am learning so much about bees from you! I didn't know that drone bees didn't have stingers. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is so cool that Steven has beekeeping as a hobby - I hope that is an appropriate word. I think it is so cool that he gets to share his hobby with so many people, including us, but can't wait for reason # 8,341 and reasons 1 to 8,340 to be shared with the most important little ones.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete