Thursday, May 8, 2008

Days Like This...Kate.

Once in a while,

In a rare moment,

The Universe rights itself.

A young woman,

Out on her own,

Full of passion,

Ready to change the world,

Is rewarded.



Today brings an affirmation of something that I have known all along...

My sister matters. Her work is important. Her vision may move many. Her intelligence should be shared.

Ladies and Gentleman, may I present, my baby sister Kate... Assistant Professor, Tenure Track at REALLY BIG DEAL UNIVERSITY. Thousands of applicants...three finalists...one woman.

I am Proud.

4 comments:

  1. Go sister Kate! She sounds truly exceptional. Why can't I see 2 of the 3 pictures that go with this post? I hate when that happens. I hope you get to celebrate with her, or at least for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy mackerel! -
    Congratulations, Kate!
    This means double much since I can hardly move at all, leave alone dance. I played tackle football with my dog once too often last week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thousands?! Really?

    Thanks to big sis and her online community. So cute!

    It looks like I may never have to live in Julie and Steven's garage again -- even though I'd like to =)

    ReplyDelete