Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sweet Video...

This is from Australia's "60 Minutes". It is a little sentimental, (hokey piano music), but Skinny and his big Sis are hard to resist. It has a heart-breaking turn at the end that illustrates one of the issues of adopting from Ethiopia that is keeping me up at night.

It is about 10 minutes long, and has a short ad at the beginning. If you do watch it, please comment and let me know what you think.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-AU&brand=ninemsn&vid=c8f0ec3b-4e42-45e5-8995-2ccf7969081d

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie

    I just watched the video. There are times that I feel overwhelmed, scared and nervous about our decision to adopt. To take on this responsibility , it is humbling to me. Videos like this one help me to know that it is the right decision for not only us but for our daughter that will come home to us, to a new life full of opportunities she might not have otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all I know is: Kids With Aussie Accents Are Cute As Hell.

    Seriously, it must be a great comfort to know that there are so many people who are/have been in the same boat as you guys, like this family.

    It's also a little gut-wrenching to know that you can never help everyone, not in an eternity of lifetimes. So much suffering...but how cool is it that you get to focus on two little lives at least, and help them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, is impatience a family trait? I want my new family members now! The big sis thing WAS a bit gut wrenching. What was the alternative, though?

    ReplyDelete