Sunday, November 11, 2007

Join us on our journey...





Steven and I have officially decided to pursue our Ethiopian adoption. I am extremely excited. I've spoken with our social worker, and we have begun the initial application process. It will be a long, difficult, and expensive process. We are asking for siblings between 0-3.

This is not a decision that we rushed into. As many of you know, we have been trying to build our family for many years. Transracial, international adoption is a complex issue. I hope by creating this blog I will educate myself, as well as others.

This picture was taken last summer in the ballroom where our wedding reception was eight years ago. It is high time we had a bigger family. Hopefully our children will be better dancers.

6 comments:

  1. Where's the pic?

    Bring on some nieces and nephews (without fur!)!!

    I'm with you all the way, even to Addis Ababa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing quite like starting a family...great
    Aunt Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m SOOO Excited for you guys!
    What an Incredible Journey this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I saw your post on the chs forum! We are also starting our adoption process. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete