Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday Friend or Family Feature...

Today's feature should illustrate how far reaching our support network extends. For those of you who are saying, " I can't believe she picked her pharmacists before me," just know that these are done in random order and not in order of importance.


For some people, like these two...




I am going to need a lot more time to formulate my gratefulness. I am not sure that there is enough room in cyberspace to say what I want to say about my parents, or my sister, or the other people I talk to constantly (you know who you are.)

But for right now, proving that the smallest kindness can make a huge difference, I would like to talk about Davya, and Hilary.



The phrase, "I have a great relationship with my pharmacists," might sound like some drug addict's euphemism, but I really do have a great relationship with my pharmacists. They have been extremely kind and supportive to me over the years. In a time where customer service has become a thing a the past, these two bring a small town feel to the big bad city.



Davya and Hilary have seen me go through some tough times. Whether it was filling an order of Zofran to help nausea caused by cancer treatment, or blood thinners to try to keep an early pregnancy from failing, these two women have been right there with me through some major ups and downs.

With a line full of impatient, ailing, cranky Angelenos behind me, they always find a way to make me feel like I am the only person in the room. Their kind words and non-judgemental encouragement, have helped me pick up the pieces on more than one occasion.

I can call and say, "Hey it's Julie," and they already know what I need and can take care of it in an instant.

So I want to say thank you to the two of you. You have gone out of your way to help me, and I am extremely grateful.


P.S. Please remember the nice things I said about you next year when I hit you up for orphanage donations like the ones below!

Eye drops
Anti fungal for oral thrush
Benadryl for allergic reaction
De-worming agents taken orally
Oral Suspension Ibuprofen
Antiseptic and Pain reliever
Savlon Antiseptic
Benzalkonium Chloride towelette Antiseptic
Instant Hand sanitizer
Burn cream
Poison Ivy Cleanser
Povidone Iodine USP Prep Pad
Plasil drop
Infants Mylicon
Gloves
Digital thermometer
Bandage (roll)
Sterile dressing gauze (packed)
Cold compress (Hot compress).. Pack which is reusable
Cough syrups
Eye drops
Anti fungal for oral thrush
Benadryl for allergic reaction
De-worming agents taken orally
Oral Suspension Ibuprofen
Antiseptic and Pain reliever
Savlon Antiseptic
Benzalkonium Chloride towelette Antiseptic
Instant Hand sanitizer
Burn cream
Poison Ivy Cleanser
Povidone Iodine USP Prep Pad
Plasil drop
Infants Mylicon
Gloves
Digital thermometer
Bandage (roll)
Sterile dressing gauze (packed)
Cold compress (Hot compress).. Pack which is reusable
Cough syrups
Gas Relief
Hyopan (Hyosine Syrup)
Hyosine tablets
Cloxacillin 125 mg/5ml syrup
Cloxacillin 250 mg/5ml syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment