Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Reason for a Blog- Part II

One of the first words Meazi ever said to us in English was 'School'. I have written about this before, Meazi couldn't wait to start school. We had planned to wait several months before putting her into any sort of school, but she was so persistent that we went ahead and enrolled her in our local elementary school.

Meazi loves school.

In the Kembata Tembaro Zone of Ethiopia, most kids never get a chance to go to school.

They are too busy working.

Here is a picture of a school in the Kembata Tembaro Zone of Ethiopia...


The Reason for a Blog- Part II, a school.

Tesfa has agreed to build a school in Meazi and Melese's hometown. I just have to raise the money.

Details coming soon. And I promise a more detailed post about the library too. Thanks to Kelly, Jenny, Stacey, Stephanie, Jennifer, Jeanne, Leah, Cynthia, Christine, Rebecca, Themia, Shiri, Susan, Jessica, Kate, Susan, Cindy, Amy and Karen, for already donating to the library.

Exciting huh?

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Julie! Mudula is Samson's home town too. He too asked to go to school and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That *IS* exciting! I love what you're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy CRAP, woman! My son is also from the KT zone - Doyogena woreda - and I thought I was doing well finding two NGOs working in the region to donate to. And here you are building a school! I'm in awe. Can't wait to hear more. There are a lot of Canadian families with kids from KT too, so us northerners can help spread the word when the details are available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not feeling patient... waiting on details here! Sounds just lovely. Tesfa is a pretty sweet organization-- with a dang good name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting! Just read and donated to Part I too! Amazing, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes!! I so wish we could donate right this very minute, but alas until our travel is over (and we sell our house) we cannot. I will support you in any other way until the day I write that check.

    Yay, a school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing. Please post again the link where to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahoo, Julie. Please post the link for the school donation. The teacher in me just can't resist supporting this venture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Браво, вас посетила просто великолепная мысль

    ReplyDelete