Thursday, January 13, 2011

This is the Way We Go to School

Isn't she beautiful? You can just tell that she loves learning. I got this picture from a lovely couple who spend all of their time volunteering for Ethiopia Reads. I think this picture will be the one I use for the fundraiser. If you don't already know, the fundraiser will be April 17th, in Venice, California. I am setting up a link for tickets, and hope to have it available by next week. I hope that you can come.

I received an e-mail from another lovely couple, Matt and Louise. They live in North Carolina and have two beautiful daughters.
  

They have generously offered to MATCH ANY DONATION MADE TO TESFA FOR THE KAMBATA SCHOOL between now and the last day of January, up to one thousand dollars. Cool huh?


Thank you Matt and Louise! 

If you make a donation to Tesfa in the next two weeks, will you let me know? That way I can keep track of the total for the match! Thank you.

Woo to the Hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, amazing. Look what you've done, you're incredible. And people are amazing, so incredibly kind and generous, look at what they're doing, it's a collective gesture chockfull of hope and love. I think you should ask Natalie Merchant if she'll show up and sing "Kind and Generous" live at your fundraiser. I think anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kick ass. And so do Matt and Louise. I was hoping to be in Ethiopia in April, but that seems unlikely at this point--Venice perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those giant alphabet letter magnets on your wordless wednesday post. where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift to match the donations. I added $50 this morning. My daughter is from that region as well and I know personally what a big difference a school can make in the lives of the children and their families! Thanks to you and to Matt and Louise. Together we make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys' tzedakah box is full and they want the money to go to M&m's library. $87.17 coming your way!

    ReplyDelete