Friday, September 25, 2009

Celebrate...



Today we dance around the house to celebrate Evelyn. Evelyn has shown more grace, and patience, than anyone I have ever seen. She and her husband have waited over two years for their referral.

At last, they have seen the faces of their children.

We all breathe a sigh of relief. Please give them your love (seriously, over two years of waiting!)

We also dance to celebrate Rebecca. Sweet Rebecca, my fellow cancer survivor, also saw the face of her future this week.

What wonderful moms these two women will be.

6 comments:

  1. I have chill bumps! You are so kind, Julie, my friend-in-waiting no longer, but my friend-in-rejoicing! (I'm sure you'll also be my friend-in-whining, because what is rejoicing without a dose or reality?) Bring it on reality - the joy and the tears :) I'm ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll venture to say that no one has ever danced quite so joyfully to Sarah Mclachlan. Congrats to your friends on their wonderful news! Let the wild rumpus start. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Julie!!! I am so happy for Evelyn!!! What a crazy, crazy, wonderful week!!! My brain is absolute mush. Thanks for sharing your daughter with us for this moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, I'm with Deirdre on the Sarah Mclachlan music. That totally cracks me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,

    I saw the article you wrote in Adoptive Families Magazine. I am also an adoptive parent. I would like to write to you about the article. How can I contact you? If you want to contact me, my address is Linda@ssrlk.com.

    Linda Kingston

    ReplyDelete