Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday Friend or Family Feature...

Today's Feature is...

Hugh!


As our realtor, Hugh helped us with the purchasing of our first house. Steven and I have had many homes together, but this is our first house. This will also be our children's first American home. We hope that they will like it.



Hugh went out of his way to help us in getting this house. He is one of the most honest people that I have met in Los Angeles. He has intelligence and integrity.

I have started the nesting process. I have been looking at our first house through the eyes of my new kids. I like what I see.



There is a big backyard, with a bottle brush tree that could inspire a children's book with its numerous inhabitants.


There is a converted garage that is rapidly becoming a fabulous playroom.




There are flowers that started small...



and grew tall...

There are hydrangeas, daffodils, daisies, and runnuculus. There is an orange tree and a lemon tree, the source of last summer's killer lemon bars.



Hugh helped us make this house into a home ready for children . He made sure that the sliding glass doors in our soon to be nursery were made of the kind of glass that doesn't shatter in an earthquake. He spent six months, yes I said six months, after we closed on this house, making sure that our gas shut off valves were installed correctly. He went way above and beyond his duties as a realtor, and for this I am grateful.

Hugh is also a talented screenwriter and story editor. I haven't talked to him for a while, so for all I know he could be off on location somewhere watching his script being made.

Here is a video of the dogs, back when they were still the triumvirate, exploring their new digs...



When Hugh heard that our pup Lummi was nearing the end of her life, he sent us a reference for a vet who does house calls. He also wrote us a nice note sharing how he had been through this with his dog, and how painful it was. He is thoughtful like that.

How will our adoption impact Hugh?

Well, if our kids don't get along, we are going to need a bigger house. Not really, I love this house and plan on staying here a long time.



I am hoping though, that when their new relatives arrive from Africa, my entire family will need to quickly find permanent housing in the Los Angeles area. When and if they do Hugh, we will definitely be calling you. Thanks again for your help.

P.S. If you need to buy or sell a home in the Los Angeles area, leave me your e-mail address in the comments and I'll give you Hugh's info. (Or if you need a talented story editor for that matter- he he - it is Los Angeles!)

1 comment:

  1. Julie what a pretty post! Al those flowers...
    Why don't y_o_u write a story about the bottle brush's inhabitants?

    ReplyDelete